Where To Buy 1874 Sharps Front Sight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well i broke my front sight in half :( It was loose enough i could drift it side to side with my hand so i removed it with a brass punch and peened the bottom to spread it out and make it fit tighter. I over did it and it was too tight...broke the base in half trying to "motivate" it back onto the barrel. Does anyone know a local place to buy a replacement sight? Its an italian replica I.A.B. not sure if their are other dove tailed type sights that will fit it or not, any help is appreciated.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks man. I have the flip up rear right now with a plain blade front sight. I would prefer the globe front if i can find one for the right price. I have a hard time spending money on an IAB considering they are about the bottom of the barrel for sharps replicas.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A flip up tang sight or a flip up buckhorn (on the barrel) ? I know nothing about the IAB's........doesn't not shoot well?

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
flip up on the barrel and 250 yd tang. Just from researching online the IABs are to lowest quality of the italian copies. Supposedly the heat treating on the metal is done poorly so it tends to be soft and wear fast, barrels are the same. I havnt shot it yet, i wanted to get the front sight set tight before i went to sight it in and broke the dang thing. I plan on giving the gun a good chance before I cull it out but the word on the street is they are for the most part bad guns. They say IAB stands for “its always broke”

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a couple of guys that build Sharps here in town that may have the sights. They are Okcgc members. I don't remember their names, but I can fin out if you need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom