Where to fish around the OKC area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hefner sucks for fishing period, unless you like wasting your time or have a boat to hit some of it's good spots. Good spot for largemouth bass, cat fish, crappie and hybrids would be the Oklahoma River. I've caught 8lb largemouth out of the river, 7 lb hybrid, 1-2lb crappie, 11lb drum and 4-5 lb cats.

Another good spot for largemouth is Crystal lake.

I don't live there, but when driving by the Oklahoma River, I've always wondered why I see nobody fishing, especially when I've read the ODW have stocked it with hybrid WB?

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up less that a quarter mile from Hefner. I fished there quite a bit. There is a fishing dock on the SE side by the golf course that I've done well at. The best place is off the dam though. It must be fished a certain way. Fish into the wind with a slip cork set at varying depths until you find them. Use a stink bait or crawdad's. I've fished that way year-round and caught tons of catfish.

Also, when they are letting water in from Canton, you can load up on sandbass and hybrids at the mouth of the canal.

bbeitler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Kitchin Lake" at 119th and sooner. Been going there for years. He has pay stations set up around the lake. $1 per day or $50 per year to tube. I've caught good bass and crappie from there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom