Where to fish from bank at Veterans or Arbuckle this week, and for what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Taking the nephews down camping around there - couple questions....

1. Where's a good place to primitive camp in the Chickasaw Natl Recreation Area, where no one is next door, so what we can let the boys shoot the pellet gun, and go on some good hikes?

2. To get the boys catching fish - anything really, where to go nearby from the bank or dock to catch something, preferably some crappie or bass? What's the minimum length to keep crappie at Veterans and Arbuckle? What would you use - just jigging?

Thanks.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a nice dock area that's covered...I'm not 100% sure but I think it's by the "Point" boat ramp. It's the one right by the OHP's boathouse. With it being Spring Break, the camping may be pretty busy but who knows for sure. I think there's camping by all the boat docks and by the springs and nature center.

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are going to Arbuckle Lake or Veterans Lake I would leave the pellet rifles at home, there is a hunting area south of Veterans Lake that extends to Arbuckle Lake, you might get away with shooting pellet rifles but I would check first. Veterans Lake had a big draw down on the water level for maintenance, 'bout 20 feet, they cut down ALL the cedar trees and then torched the whole place, burnt up all around the lake, not very pretty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom