Where to look for Hunting Lease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Looking for a hunting lease just need some help on where to look. I would like to hunt the northwest part of the state. I have looked at Craig’s list and Google searches with a couple of leads, but nothing solid. I plan to run an ad in the local paper and call the chamber of commerce. So is there any other ideas on where else to look?

This year turned out good for me, but I ran into a situation on Public land that I don’t want to repeat. The ethics of some of today’s hunters are shameful. I have young hunters that I take out and I want it to be a safe place for them and for me. So any help would be appreciated.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Looking for a hunting lease just need some help on where to look. I would like to hunt the northwest part of the state. I have looked at Craig’s list and Google searches with a couple of leads, but nothing solid. I plan to run an ad in the local paper and call the chamber of commerce. So is there any other ideas on where else to look?

This year turned out good for me, but I ran into a situation on Public land that I don’t want to repeat. The ethics of some of today’s hunters are shameful. I have young hunters that I take out and I want it to be a safe place for them and for me. So any help would be appreciated.

Just curious what the situation you ran into was?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lot of land out there with no hunters. Hit the small town cafes.

Most small towns have a grain elevator or feed store. I've never been in one that didn't have a bulletin board where custom cutters, etc could post their services. I don't know why they wouldn't allow someone to put up a small card from somebody wanting a place to hunt. Having young kids as co-hunters would be a big plus. :hey3:

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I myself am also looking for a hunting lease near or around Enid. TWOCAN my wife is from Fairfax so something in the Ralston/Fairfax area could also work. I am coming in from St Louis. I was stationed there for the last 4 years and it was a real drag due to the no rifle rule in Illinois.

Latest posts

Top Bottom