Which do you like better, morning or evening hunts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AM or PM hunts?

• Total voters

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like mornings for reasons already stated; however I have one place I hunt with food plots - evenings are way more productive there!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I much prefer morning hunts, for all the reasons you have stated. I have been involved in following up some evening shots that did not turn out well. I didn't even take the shots, but I wound up in the middle of helping out to follow up after the shot! Consequently, I probably quit earlier in the evening than a lot of folks.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to see much more deer in the mornings. However my biggest buck in 14 years was taken about 10 minutes before shooting light ended. Boy, was it dark down in the bottom of the thick oak woods. A bit creapy for me to say the least. This season I need to make it a point to start my afternoon hunts closer to 1:30 rather than the usual 3pm. Need more time in th stand.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I got out of Arkansas I've had the best results in the evenings. But the two best bucks I've killed thus far in ok have been in early afternoon. 2-3 o'clock. But if my schedule permits I still love An Oklahoma sunrise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom