Which manufacturer mounts 1/7" twist barrel on a piston AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm settling on my criteria for the financial plunge into a gas piston type AR carbine.
-1/7" twist rifled barrel
-16-18" barrel length
-Left side sling mounts
-No-tool disassembly piston system
-folding stock or collapsible
I've tried to read up on the Robinson XCR, the Bushmaster ACR, the FN SCAR, the POF and maybe a couple others. No one seems to have the features I think are most ergonomic and useful. Why do you suppose the manufacturers won't use 1/7" fast twist barrels? Don't they realize a lot of us know about and use 75-77 gr. bullets? I also am confounded as to why U.S. rifle/carbine manufacturers won't build their products with left side sling swivels standard. So many German, Russian, Swiss makers do. I was thrilled with the feel of my Arsenal SA M-7 (AK type) carbine, the first time I slung it to the rear. It lies flat, no charging handle, safety or magazine digging into your back.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LWRC and LMT build them with 1-7 barrels. You could always find the barrel you want and send it to PWS also.

rharp002

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
CMMG have 1/7 with gas piston as an option in the 16" and 18", carbine or mid-lenth. Tactical stocks too. Not sure about the toolless or LH sling mounts though. They're chrome lined and M4 feed ramps as standard.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an 18" medium contour mid length gas piston with quad rails. Not cheap mind you...

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, guys. A Sig I felt up a while back had a long reach to the safety switch. Bad ergonomics for my medium sized hand. I will take a look at LMT and CMMG. Appreciate the input.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The LWRC M6A3 looks like just the piston carbine for me, guys. I'm making moves on one now. Anticipation is mounting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom