Which scope for which rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm the king of playing musical scopes (probably my favorite sub-hobby in the shooting sports), and after some recent swapping and thinking I've ended up at this dilemma (happens all the time with me):

The two rifles are:

1. CZ 452 Scout, .22lr

and

2. Rossi Youth break-action inline muzzleloader, .45 cal

I've decided to take the current scope off of the Rossi (Burris lite 4x fixed), and I have an extra, plus the one on the CZ, which leaves me with these scope choices for these two rifles:

A. Bushnell Banner 1-4x32mm with circle-X reticle

B. Leupold VX-1, 1-4x20mm with heavy duplex reticle

The Leupold VX1 is currently on the CZ. I'm leaning toward switching (putting the VX1 on the muzzleloader, and the Banner on the rimfire), on the theory that I need a higher quality scope for a more serious use (deer hunting), where a scope crap-out could ruin my hunt - PLUS, the eye relief is better on the VX1, which matches the recoil of the rifle. But on the other hand, the quality of the VX1 more closely matches the general quality level of the CZ, and the Banner matches better the quality level of the Rossi.

So whaddya think? Thanks.

P.S. These are both youth rifles, but both usable and used by me with slip-on recoil pads. I loves me a good light handy rifle for the woods. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom