Which should I choose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm going hog hunting this weekend. What gun should I take? My Remington 870 18" Barrel with slugs and buckshot or should I take my AR-15 with FMJ ammo. My 870 is just front bead sight and my AR has a bushnell acog clone optic. Don't remember what they are called.

Shots could be anywhere from 15 to 25 yards.

We hunt em at night too.

Thanks guys!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am pretty fast with my bolt guns especially with the heavy 10fp..funny how that works.
But i have drew up at running deer at those distances and hit them right in the head right where i was aiming.
Got a rabbit with my sks quick draw hunting walking through fields...

Why? Because all my guns were stolen at that time and all i had was an sks...
Pick the one you are sure to get a clean kill with..and only you know which one you are quickest with..
I would take one of my rifles though..
And i do not have semi auto rifles but i do in 12 gauge.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am pretty fast with my bolt guns especially with the heavy 10fp..funny how that works.
But i have drew up at running deer at those distances and hit them right in the head right where i was aiming.
Got a rabbit with my sks quick draw hunting walking through fields...

Why? Because all my guns were stolen at that time and all i had was an sks...
Pick the one you are sure to get a clean kill with..and only you know which one you are quickest with..
I would take one of my rifles though..
And i do not have semi auto rifles but i do in 12 gauge.
A rabbit with a sks! Did it implode? Lol

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That rabbit was running through the field and buddy popped 3 shots at it with his 12 gauge and missed.
I was on the river bank down below him and that rabbit jumped that 4 foot bank and started running away from me at high speed .

I popped one off at him and he jumped up the bank and when he was in the air i popped another one before he landed...
I ran up to where he went up and my buddy said you missed....Tell that to the rabbit fur strung 2 foot high into the stickups..

Ok so truth be told it took 2 shots.

I hunted squirrels with a recurve bow, I would only pull it back a little and get them while they were in the tree looking at me..
Gotta climb the tree to get them out though.
Got a lot of food with that bow..but never any deer. Not that i did not try. Best bow shot was a dove sitting on the ground.
The broad head went right across the neck

Latest posts

Top Bottom