Which Sig Sauer Rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Sig Sauer rifle?

• Sig 556 SWAT Patrol

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Sig 516 Patrol

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Jckellison

516 in FDE. An AR base provides a multitude of optional parts/upgraded later.

The 556, while a great rifle in it own right, is limiting the possibilities.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
516 in FDE. An AR base provides a multitude of optional parts/upgraded later.

The 556, while a great rifle in it own right, is limiting the possibilities.

This is what I was thinking about. I couldn't find any answers about shortening the barrel of a 556 but I know the 516 can take other AR-15 barrels.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how short a barrel on the 556 you want but,if a 10" trips you trigger, buy the Sig 556 pistol. Then do the paperwork and send in your $200 for a tax stamp and wait. Then buy an AR-15 stock and install it. I did and it runs a lot better than a AR15 SBR.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my main concerns with the 556 is the proprietary nature of the platform. I won't customize it like I did my current rifle so I'm not sure how valid my concern is.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 556 is just to damn heavy at the end of the day! Shoots well but got tired of luggin it around!

My dad got a Sig556 and i was really shocked at how heavy it was! The weight is not the problem for me, its just how bulky it is! But the weight does make the 5.56 even more difficult to notice on the shoulder.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My new Sig 556 SWAT Patrol arrived Thursday (thank you Sooner State Pawn). Friday afternoon I disassembled it and sprayed it down with Breakfree CLP and let it sit over night. I'm planning to reassemble it when I get home from work this afternoon and maybe take it out to the range this evening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom