Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll apologize in advance...you'll probably be seeing Adam's Visodate too often, since I just purchased three Fluco two piece straps (moss green suede, bordeaux suede, emporio tan Teju Lizard) and four Crown and Buckle NATO's for the watch.

Thanks again for letting this one go Adam. I appreciate it more than you know.

View attachment 461596
I miss that watch already. Remember, I called first opportunity if you ever decide to sell it! It does fit you exceptionally well though.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
3DDBC081-E30D-4B5D-B3DB-EE1630D54D52.jpeg

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss that watch already. Remember, I called first opportunity if you ever decide to sell it! It does fit you exceptionally well though.
Absolutely. If the watch goes anywhere, it's back to you. 👍👍

A gold dial Nomos Orion has been on my wish list for a bit and the Tissot has a similar look, with the exception of the small seconds. Gold dials with nickel plated or stainless cases look amazing. There's just not many options out there without going vintage.

DSC_0912.jpg

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

A gold dial Nomos Orion has been on my wish list for a bit and the Tissot has a similar look, with the exception of the small seconds. Gold dials with nickel plated or stainless cases look amazing. There's just not many options out there without going vintage.

View attachment 461830
One Orion with gold dial on evilbay. I think it’s listed by Stoll with authentication
Edit-listed by Jomashop

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One Orion with gold dial on evilbay. I think it’s listed by Stoll with authentication
Edit-listed by Jomashop

Thanks for the heads up Darren. I was waiting on Jomashop or Watchmaxx to restock a 32mm or 35mm gold dial Orion. I'm gonna need to free up some funds before purchasing one though. Wanna buy some flight jackets? 😂

I was originally planning to purchase that Nomos from BC Clark, but their sales reps (mainly the guy with the Speedmaster at Northpark) won't ever follow through. He's promised to order a couple different pieces and call when they come in, but never does. I guess I must give off the tire kicker vibes.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 461830
The Nomos has a better movement. I like the simplicity of the dial and the sub dialed seconds.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd hope the Nomos has a better movement. It's 68 or 69 years newer and many multiple times more expensive. 😉
Thought you may have been referring to the Newer Tissot's. Seems the reviews rave about the Powermatic 80's reserve, but there are many that criticize it for plastic parts. I love older Tissot's, and like some of their newer watches, but Nomos are pretty spectacular!

Latest posts

Top Bottom