Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going old school today. 1940’s Doxa. Just finished multiple repairs, fresh off the bench.

IMG_5544.jpeg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful dial, I don't know how many radium dials that the paint is falling out of the hands!
The dial on this particular one is not radium, however the hands are. I tested both. I was going to remove the radium lume, but opted to keep it. There’s no danger. Radiation doesn’t escape the case or crystal. Test readings didn’t show very high levels. Used PPE and ventilation while working with it though.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know you're really trying to get on that list. That is a beautiful watch.
Thank you. It has been a bit of a pain, had to send it back under warranty after the refurbish since the chronograph second hand came loose (high torque reset, heavy tritium marker.) Appears to function perfectly now. Warranty work was free. I like it. Actually looks smaller than the photo on my wrist, need to hold the camera further away.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The dial on this particular one is not radium, however the hands are. I tested both. I was going to remove the radium lume, but opted to keep it. There’s no danger. Radiation doesn’t escape the case or crystal. Test readings didn’t show very high levels. Used PPE and ventilation while working with it though.
Fortunately there is not enough radium in the hands to emit a significant amount of radiation (a gram of pure radium or more though becomes concern.) You are smart though in ventilation and PPE is wise since inhalation of the dust is a potential hazard, even in microscopic quantities. I have some old radium dialed aircraft oxygen gauges, a pocket watch and a couple wrist watches, it's amazing how hot these things are when you count alpha, beta and gamma radiation. I like viewing them in the dark with a 10X loupe, you can see the scintillations in many instances if the paint has lost it's glow.

MarkFried

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey y'all! So, I’ve got to tell you about my Rolex Yacht-Master experience. I picked it up about eight months ago, and honestly, it’s been amazing. The whole process of buying it was such a thrill—getting to try on different models, finally deciding on the Yacht-Master, and then waiting for it to arrive felt like a real adventure.

When I first put it on, I couldn’t stop admiring the details. The craftsmanship is top-notch, and the design is just stunning. I’ve been wearing it regularly, and it’s held up perfectly. It’s not just a watch; it feels like a piece of art on my wrist. The functionality, especially the rotating bezel, has been super handy, and it just feels so solid and reliable.

I have to say, it’s been a conversation starter too! Everyone seems to notice and compliment it. All in all, I’m really happy with the purchase—it was definitely worth it.

Attachments

• bszewqn27kc61.jpg
    bszewqn27kc61.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom