Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20240707_161339.jpg

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Watch Steward G series strap arrived yesterday. This is my first strap from TWS. It's not perfect, but its a bargain considering that it's the same cost as a supreme NATO from Crown and Buckle, half the cost of a Nick Mankey strap, and a quarter the cost of an Erika's Originals strap. My only criticism is the hardware. I wish that the G hooks were more nicely finished and that the retaining shoulder on the hook was cut just a bit deeper. The hook is 316L stainless with a tumbled finish. Just bead blasting or brushing the finish would make a difference. Tumbled finish doesn’t match most case finishes and looks a bit cheap. I brushed the finish on this hook to make it a little better match the case. For basically $30 shipped and only a two day turnaround before shipping, it's a winner.

View attachment 487979

View attachment 487980
I'll have to try one of these out. I like the Erika's Original I just got, but dang are they pricey @ ~$80

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to try one of these out. I like the Erika's Original I just got, but dang are they pricey @ ~$80
A couple other good alternatives are the Nick Mankey Hook Strap and the Hawkrigger Grappleband. Frogsquad straps were probably the closest thing to an Erika's strap (Deltafrog version), but unfortunately Luke has taken a hiatus from making straps.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom