Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matratliff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not a saturation diver, so I’m not using the helium escape valve anyway. I think it’s a novelty at this point for most dive watches
With the Pelagos depth rating I'd expect a helium valve, I think? Never dove deep enough for helium, decompression chambers, etc,...as a matter of fact, never got all that comfy diving and went into far safer aviation maint., where of course I ended up early in career having to suit up in a coverall with mask and external air hose due to toxic fumes.
image.jpg

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not a saturation diver, so I’m not using the helium escape valve anyway. I think it’s a novelty at this point for most dive watches

View attachment 516173
Dang, that watch is sexy even looking up its...uhh...valve. I'm going to sell everything I own and buy at least half of one.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the Pelagos depth rating I'd expect a helium valve, I think? Never dove deep enough for helium, decompression chambers, etc,...as a matter of fact, never got all that comfy diving and went into far safer aviation maint., where of course I ended up early in career having to suit up in a coverall with mask and external air hose due to toxic fumes.
I think there are under 2000 saturation divers in the US. There truly isn't a huge market for them, but people like me keep getting roped into the escape valve and want one, even though the deepest depth I have ever explored in recent times is 12 ft, and that was in a pool. Way back when I did achieve the saturation dive escape valve necessity of 15 - 20 ft in the Great Lakes. I have two divers now with helium escape valves...

Matratliff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there are under 2000 saturation divers in the US. There truly isn't a huge market for them, but people like me keep getting roped into the escape valve and want one, even though the deepest depth I have ever explored in recent times is 12 ft, and that was in a pool. Way back when I did achieve the saturation dive escape valve necessity of 15 - 20 ft in the Great Lakes. I have two divers now with helium escape valves...
Absolutely. I trained with the crew at Aquarius Reef Base down in the keys. They technically do Saturation diving but it’s much different. They train NASA and scientists, so they live in a habitat at 60-ft for an extended period of time. As far as SAT divers doing real depth, I can say I know maybe 2 or 3? Niche field for sure. Not for the weak minded

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely. I trained with the crew at Aquarius Reef Base down in the keys. They technically do Saturation diving but it’s much different. They train NASA and scientists, so they live in a habitat at 60-ft for an extended period of time. As far as SAT divers doing real depth, I can say I know maybe 2 or 3? Niche field for sure. Not for the weak minded
What's "real depth"? 200 meters? 300 meters?

Latest posts

Top Bottom