Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got more than those two, haha. Yes, I am a fan. Mostly vintage watches in the collection, but Tudors are one of the modern exceptions.
Well then I'll go ahead and take that modern monstrosity Raymond Weil off your hands. Wouldn't want to mess up your collection.loo

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think the Meme Me Up Buttercup would be bad placement for this:
watchhappy.jpg

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As with Glock 'em down, I only have a few wrist watches, where the Seiko Turtle is primary due to comfort/visibility, and the Seiko Samurai for +2 accuracy month to month and year to year.

Otherwise, I like keeping a quartz job or two around for back-up, such as this econo Casio, today...

But, I did indeed order up a Citizen Ti perpetual motion machine with big crayon numbers, because I simply was tired of changing batteries every 2yrs on watches never worn, and them changed only to make sure no leaking. I don't care for bracelet feel and always swap them out for nylon straps, but the Ti bracelet will not transfer heat/cold like steel, so ordered it instead of leather.

I'll do a side by side of it Weds (ETA is Tues) with the Seikos for GED so that he have a better idea how it might appear on gorilla wrists. It will be a thorough comparison, testing critical things such as which one floats better and works best as (fill-in-blank) scratcher.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@mtngunr, those Casio’s are hard to beat for the $. I have the green bezel and wear it at least once a week. Can’t find a thing to complain about.
They are the best deal on the planet, but the lume is more as lume used to be. My only other complaint at all is changing the batteries, or remembering to change them. I believe the second best deal on the planet is the Lorus Ti field watch, and it has modern lume on hands OR dial, but not both. Same as the Casio, the OEM band is lacking, and it needs battery changes, but past that, a great watch. I like them both past the battery thing. The Citizen will have not great lume, either, but the hands seem well lumed, the 12 o'clock marker seems to have more staying power, but as long as I can see the hands at 4am or whatever, it's fine as a back-up. I'm just tired of changing batteries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom