White Deer video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I still don't understand why we can't shoot those in Oklahoma. It's just a genetic defect, but the wildlife department acts like they are a special breed. I had several chances to take one at Canton throughout the years. I'm sure he had died since, but he was a nice deer around 140-150. He would have made a nice mount.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
about 4 years ago I saw a doe that was white and had light brown "cow" spots all over it.. Looked like a milk cow but was a doe. She was running with a small heard north of edmond.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still don't understand why we can't shoot those in Oklahoma. It's just a genetic defect, but the wildlife department acts like they are a special breed. I had several chances to take one at Canton throughout the years. I'm sure he had died since, but he was a nice deer around 140-150. He would have made a nice mount.

Why?

A kid from Guthrie shot a nice piebald buck back in the 90's, before we had this law. It hit the papers, they crucified this kid.

A lady claimed the piebald buck was the reincarnated spirit of her dead father. I shi* you not.

A push for "protecting" white deer was made by her and other wackos, and we got the white deer law. NOBODY at the ODWC with half a brain wanted it. Nobody with half a brain thought it would pass.

Our legislative system is pretty screwed up. I still have the article in an old North American Whitetail magazine somewhere.
The law is poorly written, and borderline unenforceable IMO. And ignorant.

Reaction score
Not a problem:

amedia_mydoitbest_com_imagerequest_aspx_d2ecda8a5c6e84694863b360b3ac7d38._.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why?

A kid from Guthrie shot a nice piebald buck back in the 90's, before we had this law. It hit the papers, they crucified this kid.

A lady claimed the piebald buck was the reincarnated spirit of her dead father. I shi* you not.

A push for "protecting" white deer was made by her and other wackos, and we got the white deer law. NOBODY at the ODWC with half a brain wanted it. Nobody with half a brain thought it would pass.

Our legislative system is pretty screwed up. I still have the article in an old North American Whitetail magazine somewhere.
The law is poorly written, and borderline unenforceable IMO. And ignorant.

I'll back this story up. In the current regulations, you must obtain written permission to take a white or piebald deer from the Director of the ODW.

What a stupid law.

In Virginia, Mass, etc, piebald deer are common, and hunters take them out in an attempt to keep them from spreading the piebald genes. I don't think its going to work, but it makes them feel like they are doing something.

Personally, I don't want them here anymore than I want white turkey in our flocks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom