Who was looking for a $600 Saiga 12 the other day?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I saw that today.

I don't know anything about them. Are they a good alternative for a HD shotgun?

I was thinking of making a HD version of a Remington 1100 from one I already own, but I want to also convert it back to hunting mode now and then.

I am thinking that maybe getting something like the Saiga, and leaving my 1100 alone, would be a better idea.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they are great...the only problem I ran into with mine was they only like heavy brass unless you do some work to them...target loads and birdshot don't cycle right

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody PLEASE go buy it before I do. I am a weak *****.

omg dave the only thing that stop me from laughing my ass off is the old lady sleeping right now. Waking her up would mean summoning the wrath of God, well she is more like the devil if she get woken up lol

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that today.

I don't know anything about them. Are they a good alternative for a HD shotgun?

I was thinking of making a HD version of a Remington 1100 from one I already own, but I want to also convert it back to hunting mode now and then.

I am thinking that maybe getting something like the Saiga, and leaving my 1100 alone, would be a better idea.

Not only is it a great HD shotgun (I'd prefer 19" over the 24" or whatever the longer barrel length is), but there are countless configurations for it to apply to your specific needs, much like an AR. I don't know if it's because it's new to me (I just bought one a month ago) or what, but it's the most enjoyable gun I've ever shot.

I had a couple hundred rounds of Federal low-brass that I wanted to burn through. The first 20 rounds or so would malfunction every couple of rounds, mainly FTE/stovepipes. But, it's become more reliable now after 100 rounds. Mag dumps are a blast!

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if it's because it's new to me (I just bought one a month ago) or what, but it's the most enjoyable gun I've ever shot.

I think there is just something magically fun about guns that are not normal. For example: 9mm AR, 12 gauge AK, 30 carbine Ruger Blackhawk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom