Who what is Umarex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Manufacturer of bb and air guns. Makes good stuff. I bought te umarex/colt AR-22 when it first came out, hated the inner/outer barrel design. Sold it and bought a S$W mp15-22. I do like their 1911-22, but Kimber distributes a better 22 1911kit, if you have the pockets for it.

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had 2 of the colt/umacrap 22 m4 OPS and did not care for them. If you are looking for a AR 22lr the only way to go is the MP15-22. I had nothing but problems out of both of mine.FTF FTE broke a firing pin in one and the extractor in the other. Any bulk ammo that want CCi they hated. Some times it would light strike the case and not fire. My Mossberg 715 tactical was a piece of crap and it was 100 times better than the umarex!! If you need parts for one you can forget contacting Colt. They will tell you they didnt build it and dont warranty it and have anything to do with it contact Umarex. I wanted the 1911-22 but now I have bitter taste for the whole company.

Deslock

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are also own Walther/are thier parent company, rumor is they are the ones behind the PK380 & P22, that's supposedly why they are so hit or miss in quality, but the stamps seem to conflict with that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom