Who won?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right, the election (which is a full on broad, non-partisan election with umpteen candidates listed) was earlier this year (March? May?) and the winner is decided then unless he or she does not get 50% or more of the vote. Then a runoff election is later in November. This is technically the runoff.

Taylor is married to the CEO of Alamo/National rent a car, who sold out to Enterprise and they cleared tons of money. She used her standing and social influence to get on the board of BOK, which may have influenced her decision to coerce the city to pay $7mil to BOK in a settlement that they may have not had any liability to owe. Read some blogs and click some of the links to get an idea (albeit biased) and draw your own conclusions. She was deep in this **** when she bowed out and did not run for reelection at the end of her prior term.

In short, Dewey a buffoon and poor manager but probably more genuine (IMHO) with wanting to grow Tulsa, if through a bumbling and questionable business-first (trickle down?) approach (I don't entirely agree with it, but that's his shtick and I think he's genuine with it). Kathy's more articulate and vastly more competent, but probably one of the most questionable, self-serving politicians I have seen in a while.

I don't like Dewey but he'll probably get my vote tomorrow. He screwed up my trash service but he did get the budget somewhat in order. Even if he had to tick off the PD and FD unions to do so.

Republican mayoral candidate Chris Medlock is questioning why fellow GOP mayoral opponent Dewey Bartlett Jr., as a Tulsa Airports Improvement Trust member, voted for Mayor Kathy Taylor's $7.1 million lawsuit settlement regarding Great Plains Airlines...

http://www.medblogged.com/2009/07/burying-great-plains.html

He isn’t denying that he voted for the proposal as we have video of him doing just that on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl3oOsSspYw

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right, the election (which is a full on broad, non-partisan election with umpteen candidates listed) was earlier this year (March? May?) and the winner is decided then unless he or she does not get 50% or more of the vote. Then a runoff election is later in November. This is technically the runoff.

Taylor is married to the CEO of Alamo/National rent a car, who sold out to Enterprise and they cleared tons of money. She used her standing and social influence to get on the board of BOK, which may have influenced her decision to coerce the city to pay $7mil to BOK in a settlement that they may have not had any liability to owe. Read some blogs and click some of the links to get an idea (albeit biased) and draw your own conclusions. She was deep in this **** when she bowed out and did not run for reelection at the end of her prior term.

In short, Dewey a buffoon and poor manager but probably more genuine (IMHO) with wanting to grow Tulsa, if through a bumbling and questionable business-first (trickle down?) approach (I don't entirely agree with it, but that's his shtick and I think he's genuine with it). Kathy's more articulate and vastly more competent, but probably one of the most questionable, self-serving politicians I have seen in a while.

I don't like Dewey but he'll probably get my vote tomorrow. He screwed up my trash service but he did get the budget somewhat in order. Even if he had to tick off the PD and FD unions to do so.

Another interesting note on the Taylor/Great Plains settlement, just found this.

The Oklahoma Supreme Court issued an initial ruling Tuesday in which Bank of Oklahoma would be ordered to repay the City of Tulsa a $7.1 million settlement after the failure of Great Plains Airlines, court documents show.

In a 5-4 vote , the court "[remanded} the instant matter back to the District Court of Tulsa County to direct the repayment of the settlement funds from BOK back to the City of Tulsa."...

BOK issued a statement to 2NEWS saying, "The Supreme Court's invalidation of the settlement with the City has freed Bank of Oklahoma to assert its $12.5 million claim against the Airport Trust for not fulfilling its obligation to the bank. While we'd hoped this issue would have been put to rest with the settlement back in 2008, the court's decision now requires that it continue."...

Read more: http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_...ailure-of-great-plains-airlines#ixzz2kUkH5w9r

Latest posts

Top Bottom