Who's ready for some college football?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one team OSU has to worry about now is CO. I think OU and TX are going to get a hard lesson at least the first year or 2.
According to the prognosticators, Utah is the fave to win the conference. I haven't looked at what they've got, but I think the Big Xll as a conference is stronger week to week than the old Pac12. More chances to lose a couple of games.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
*flame suit on* sorry, but I'm not a fan of college or pro football. :lookaroun

e2c3d8dc-a88e-4f5f-ad89-fd5da0310f7d_text.gif

I have a cousin who is a dr. in okc, and he's an OU season ticket holder. He's always trying to get me to go with him, but nah... :disappoin ...most OU fans are a bunch of drunken, obnoxious fools. I hate being around drunken, obnoxious fools.

However...there's nothing I love more than going to high school football under the Friday night lights.

The crisp chill of the autumn air, the smell of the nachos and popcorn, the sound of the helmets and pads colliding, the roar of the crowd...yes! I love it! :heart:

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our oldest Son and Granddaughter both graduated from O.U. during the years when in we lived in Oklahoma, I’m sorry if this is hard on some of you boys. Perhaps that’s why I never disclosed this information to anyone, before; but now that I live in Alabama, here it is:

Bear Bryant Interview

Years ago in November 1983, Howard Cowsell was interviewing Bear Bryant. The conversation was recorded but never broadcast. This was excerpted from the original transcription from that interview:

Cowsell: What is your opinion of the O.U. Sooners and about why haven’t the Sooners been admitted into the SEC?

Bear: I always thought that a game with O.U. would provide a good break for my hard working boys, but never thought of them as a real college team. Regarding the SEC: for most of my career, I endeavored to convince the Sooners to join the SEC, but they always declined. Swisher avoided the issue and always changed the subject when I officially asked.

Cowsell: What do you think was the reason behind his refusal, Bear?

Bear: Well, once after a game on October 8, 1983 when O.U. suffered another humiliating loss to Texas (16-28)….ha, ha, ha, sorry…., Coach Switzer was crying, slobbering and drunk, or high on something (which was his usual state following every big loss), and he unwittingly disclosed the truth lying behind his closely guarded secret.

Cowsell: Well, tell me….

Bear: The O.U. Players are just plain scared of Alabama! And, they’re afraid of bears! They apparently conflate my name and the ‘Crimson Tide’ with actual bears. Oh, Good Lord! They unanimously refuse to run out on the field and play football with us.

Cowsell: Come on Bear, did you really try to encourage them to join the SEC?

Bear: Well, it’s like this: I made a solemn promise to Barry that my boys would go easy on them….that they’d treat them with the same gentle care and respect that they’d give to little girls, or even to Yankees, out there on the field. No one wants to see the players on the other team trembling and crying with their long braids tangled, makeup smudged and mascara running down their smooth girly cheeks…... Ha, ha, ha…. Sorry, I’ve just got to laugh, Howard.

Cowsell: I always knew there was more to this story. Thanks, Bear. I have one more question before we break this up. What, if anything, do you believe is positive, regarding O.U.’s Football Program?

Bear: That’s easy! The positive attributes of the O.U. Football Program lies in the characters of the Sooner Players. To make up for their total lack of skill, ataxic coordination, absence of physical prowess, poor discipline and inability to follow simple instructions, the personal qualities that they all share in common, are: cowardice, paranoia, indolence, immaturity, and criminal records….ha, ha ha! You’d think ‘Ole’ Barry would be able to milk enough cash out of their alumni to buy better players than he’s got! Otherwise, I think they’re just about as imposing as any sorority, quilting guild, or other girl’s organization….

Last edited:

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big 12 will be wild and wooly this year. Probably six teams that can compete for the title. Joe Klatt has Utah, OSU, K-State & Kansas (basketball?) on the top. But any of the others can upset too. Iowa State, T-Tech & Arizona can getcha.
SEC with OU and Texas. Texas is stout this year and Sark as coach will compete. I don't know about OU. The last four years were a struggle for them. There were 3 to 4 games, single score wins. If that went against them, they could have had some five loss seasons. They have good players but the NIL & Portal screw stuff up.
Don't bet money on my analysis.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Bear Bryant Interview:

Years ago in November 1983, Howard Cowsell was interviewing Bear Bryant. The conversation was recorded but never broadcast. This was excerpted from the original transcription from that interview:

Cowsell: What is your opinion of the O.U. Sooners and about why haven’t the Sooners been admitted into the SEC?

Funnny fiction. Did you make that up yourself or did you copy it from someone? :laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom