Why are Ruger revolvers found for sale much anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At this last (huge) Metcalf gun show in OKC, there were hundreds upon hundreds of new Tauri, lots and lots of used Tauri and used S&W, and a few new S&W, and some used Colts. But only a couple handfuls of Rugers, mostly used, and almost all of them GP100s or SP101s. I don't recall seeing any new Rugers. Oh wait, yes there were, but only Alaskans (SRH), and single actions (Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk). GP100s and SP101s were even slim pickens compared to single actions, but Redhawks were essentially non-existent.

Now I was happily and proudly Ruger-free from 1994 until 2009, but last year I finally forgave them for helping pass the gun ban (since they came out the 556 and the a-hole croaked), and dangit, now I want a Redhawk! They are reasonably-priced, so you'd think that at least one or two vendors at a huge show like that would show up with an assortment of new ones - what gives?

:(

P.S. If you have a Redhawk 5.5" .45 Colt for sale, please let me know.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may be because Ruger went to Davidson's as their exclusive distributor and alienated a lot of dealers and other distributors? I don't think you've seen the end of silliness from Ruger. :(

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dunno, but I do like my GP100 that was originally from the group buy i believe.

I saw quite a few Gp100s at Wannemachers. Not gobs of em, but a good selection. Wheel guns aren't popular with the kids.
I agree that you probably havn't see the end of the games with Ruger.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Redhawk and a Super Redhawk, both in .44 mag. These are among the last handguns I would get rid of. I suspect that many others feel the same way. There are lots of these around, but people seem to hang on to them.

About the other Ruger revolvers, I am uneducated. CB

kalebiscool

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with CB. People seem to hang on to these and i can see why.My Super Redhawk is among the last of my revolvers i would part with. If you get a chance to own one i would take it, as long as you can hold the heavy thing up.

I want an 18" .44 Mag Super Redhawk with a small stainless wire shoulder stock...i stay awake at night thinking about it. Lets get on the ball Ruger!

Latest posts

Top Bottom