Why aren't these in production?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
So maybe Glock COULD make a single stack 9mm but it would be a fat one anyway?

This is my assumption. It would be like (or worse than) the Sig P225 and P239 that have nice slim grips, but then have a top heavy fat slide.

This is where the original S&W autos (not the M&P) have the advantage: they were originally single stack, with a thin slide; as the 39 and 52, then was made into the double stack 59.

Also, one of the biggest attractions to me for the Glock 9mm platform, is the mag and parts cross compatibility. I can use the 30rd G18 mag in the G26, and the extended slide stop and mag release from the G34/17L and such, on the 19 and 17 and so on.

By doing a "thin slide single stack" Glock 9mm, you lose a lot of that. Maybe not the trigger, but certainly holster, mag, and other small parts interchangeability.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would have to be a new design. They could be based on the succesful and realiable double stack design, but just about every part would have to be designed from the ground up. See the Beretta Nano, Walther PPS, or the Bersa BP9CC.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
S&W will make runs of guns for police depts and whatnot if they request them.

There was an article in Yahoo news of the sit-down riot over the oil pipeline coming out of Canada(Ottawa) an all the RCMP officers in the picks were carrying 3rd Gen S&W. All I could get a view of was the grips, so they were either 5906 or 4006, an they looked pretty new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom