Mower Blades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Copperhead blades on my Kabota mower that i get from Mowmore.com and usually go thru one set a year but im mowing 15 acres with it and cutting anything the mower can push over including saplings up to 1 inch in diameter and i also use the mower when clearing brush to cut alot of the underbrush before cutting the bigger stuff with a saw.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They arrived! They look mean as hell! They are definitely thicker than what I have been using too.
Are the G6s going on the Fastrak? Got most of my mowing done yesterday before the next rain and checked the Hustler blades afterwards. They are done and I need new blades. Interested to know how you like them.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are the G6s going on the Fastrak? Got most of my mowing done yesterday before the next rain and checked the Hustler blades afterwards. They are done and I need new blades. Interested to know how you like them.

Yes I bought them for the Hustler. First impressions taking them out of the box was good. Thivck and heavier. I brought the Fastrak in the shop to make sure they were the right ones as it will be awhile before putting them on. And found the under deck was packed full again!

I got mine all done too, damn near didn’t as I was working on a chicken pen and the wife mentioned rain coming. I had not known the weather! Glad she said something!

Does your Hustler pack up the under deck bad? Mine does. I put a washer attachment on it and it helps some. But I think it’s the freaking high blade speed that does it. I have to hand clean mine about every 5th mow, it packs full. But I do have soil that when dry is like concrete, gets wet it the easiest soil to dig in. But dry, it is hard hard! So it may be my soil.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I bought them for the Hustler. First impressions taking them out of the box was good. Thivck and heavier. I brought the Fastrak in the shop to make sure they were the right ones as it will be awhile before putting them on. And found the under deck was packed full again!

I got mine all done too, damn near didn’t as I was working on a chicken pen and the wife mentioned rain coming. I had not known the weather! Glad she said something!

Does your Hustler pack up the under deck bad? Mine does. I put a washer attachment on it and it helps some. But I think it’s the freaking high blade speed that does it. I have to hand clean mine about every 5th mow, it packs full. But I do have soil that when dry is like concrete, gets wet it the easiest soil to dig in. But dry, it is hard hard! So it may be my soil.
Bought my Fastrak 48 new in 2011 and immediately complained to my dealer about having to clean underneath the deck almost every time I mowe. Other than that it has held up well over rough terrain. Kawasaki engine has been outstanding. After a couple of years the dealer told me that it is a deck issue that Hustler should fix on their dime, but they would not. The deck doesn't draft as it should. He said he no longer sells the 48. No problem with the larger decks. It appears to have been remedied with the newer models.

About 4 years ago the dealer suggested a remedy. Cut the grass discharge chute wider. It did help, but is still packs dirt more than it should.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought my Fastrak 48 new in 2011 and immediately complained to my dealer about having to clean underneath the deck almost every time I mowe. Other than that it has held up well over rough terrain. Kawasaki engine has been outstanding. After a couple of years the dealer told me that it is a deck issue that Hustler should fix on their dime, but they would not. The deck doesn't draft as it should. He said he no longer sells the 48. No problem with the larger decks. It appears to have been remedied with the newer models.

About 4 years ago the dealer suggested a remedy. Cut the grass discharge chute wider. It did help, but is still packs dirt more than it should.

Well well! The dealer I bought from said it was the high speed of the blades. Hmmmmm! I will look at cutting the discharge deck opening. Thanks on the reply.

I have read about all there is about the issue. I did get some better results by making sure the pitch of the deck was indeed a 1/4 taller in the rear than the front. And that side to side is plumb level.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom