Mower Blade wear pattern.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Serviced and winterized one of my zero turns yesterday. Changed fluids and blades. Found the below set wore very differently between the three. Inner blade, middle blade and chute/discharge end blade. I will admit that I abused this set of blades on some rough ground I had cleaned off with a walk behind Gravley. Lot of dirt and debris.

These are the Made In America Reaper brand from Amazon. IMG_5272.jpegIMG_5274.jpegIMG_5275.jpegIMG_8161.jpeg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't rotate your blades.

It looks like I need to! Never had, but will keep a better eye. In the beginning of this mowing season I added a couple acres to the mowing job. And it was tough **** in the beginning but the blessed abundance of rain made me do it! And it paid off, big time Bermuda grew like cray this year!

I usually get a summer and a half on a set. Now that I am using two different mowers and the rough **** is smooth now and all filled in, blades should have an easier time here on out!

Latest posts

Top Bottom