Four Legged Friends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’ve got fancy cats. Half mine are lazy bums, and other two are half feral.🤣
Leo, Oscar, Lil Red, and Bobbi (IIRC) are fine cats. Ours were all bottle-fed and spoiled from about 10 days of age after being found abandoned. We have two sets of alleged litter-mates; Cutie Pie and Cheetah will be 10 about mid-June, and Miss Coco and Cheddar just turned 3 early this April. Similar to lions, I've noted female domestic cats do more "work"; flies (AKA sky raisins) don't live long in the house as the girls, and occasionally Cheetah (fluffy tabby male) quickly dispatch and enjoy them. Cutie Pie is our best guard cat. Nothing on the front porch goes unnoticed. She gets in a hurry running from one window to the next to save us from whatever perceived danger is outside. God help any cat, especially Cheddar (Leo's clone) who gets in her way running down the hallway to another window vantage point. They are all an endless source of comedy.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and ‘Black Sand’ on our place around 1980…..
View attachment 473650
We only used a hackamore instead of a bit and more than once I rode her bareback with a single rope on the right side (Indian style) instead of reins. Never a problem….. Well, except when she’d been in the pasture for several months and needed to get used to being ridden again….LOL. She would buck, rear up and spin….it was a long way down to the hard ground; but once she settled down, I could let the kids ride her. We got her from friends in Dallas around 1979. Half Thoroughbred, 1/4 Quarter. Horse and 1/4 Appaloosa, and competition barrel racer and hurdles.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With a half feral baby gato drinking coffee, it’s fixing to get wild at my house.🤣
IMG_0732.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom