Mower Blade wear pattern.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ditto on the Gator blades, been using them for over 20 years. Only cutting a residential size yard a set will last a long time. I think they also reduce the load on the engine, just based on what I hear as the mower is cutting.

Project Farm did a video on mower blades and I think Gator was their pick.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend that has a new zero turn.
He has a sandy yard and was replacing blades twice per season due to blade erosion. (Like the OP pics).

After a few years he started mowing at a higher (height) setting and the blade erosion stopped.

Mowing a sandy yard at a low setting will vacuum up more sand and sandblast the blades. The blades will erode just like the pictures.

Something to consider.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend that has a new zero turn.
He has a sandy yard and was replacing blades twice per season due to blade erosion. (Like the OP pics).

After a few years he started mowing at a higher (height) setting and the blade erosion stopped.

Mowing a sandy yard at a low setting will vacuum up more sand and sandblast the blades. The blades will erode just like the pictures.

Something to consider.

I scalp every spring then start out at 2” and by end of mowing like to leave the Bermuda about 4”s tall. But the OP photos was one season this year. But I admit I abused the **** out of them. I cleared off an extra 1.5 acres around a home I bought and it beat on my mower. But this summer with all the rain we got perfectly, I had to do what I did to reap the extra rains. The Bermuda took off like a banchee!

Latest posts

Top Bottom