Why I am against gay marriage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Read the piece I linked. Two very religious people run it and religious runs through the wedding ceremonies they perform.

Religious ppl can run a business. The Hitching Post is a business ran by 2 ministers....it's still a business and not a church.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aren't weddings by origin "religious" ceremonies?

Yes but some will argue otherwise pointing out that ancient weddings were performed by leaders of the tribe, etc. That is forgetting that those leaders usually were the religious leaders too. Separation of church and state is a modern belief.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are paying taxes then you are a business and have to follow the law. If you are a church and don't pay taxes then you shouldn't be forced to follow business laws. Are they a business or not? It doesn't matter what you define marriage as or what your beliefs are, if they were ruled as a business and ordered to allow gay couples to be married then I think the law is not on their side (otherwise appeal the ruling and win the appeal). It's people who think their marriage is suddenly worth less because of gay couples being allowed to marry that I have issues with religion and holier than you old farts and young dolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom