Will I get denied?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I applied for my CCW about three weeks ago. And After I did so I noticed something that could hold me back.

So before I actually applied I went and Had my ID changed to my current address.. Everything on my Id looked correct except one little thing.

On my CCW app I put all my info and I put 73170 as my zip code. Turned it in and sent it away. A couple weeks later I was looking at my ID and I noticed that my Zip code on my LIC was 73160. Will this hold me back from getting my LIC? If so can I dispute it? or do I have to reply?

Thanks

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is your zip code correct on the ID (driver's license?) or on the application??

You can always call the OSBI and ask them what you need to do, since it is in process, you can probably get it corrected before it is issued.

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Zip code it correct but its not. Im RIGHT ON THE DOTTED line…. So it varies. I know when I went to get my DL i wrote down 73170 but the computer may have forced it to be 73160. Heck if i know

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd just call the OSBI's SDA division, and ask them.. it may just be a simple matter of someone making a quick correction on your application and in their computer. The person making your DL may have entered a typo by transposing the 6 & 7. Check with your post office for your exact Zip for your address... and then proceed from there. What zip is on the mail you recieve at our home. If the one on your DL is wrong, you might have to go back to the DPS license office or a tag agent and ask for a correction & replacement license. A $10 relplacement fee is a lot cheap[er than losing a $180 CCL permit fee.

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David2012 said:
I'd just call the OSBI's SDA division, and ask them.. it may just be a simple matter of someone making a quick correction on your application and in their computer. The person making your DL may have entered a typo by transposing the 6 & 7. Check with your post office for your exact Zip for your address... and then proceed from there. What zip is on the mail you recieve at our home. If the one on your DL is wrong, you might have to go back to the DPS license office or a tag agent and ask for a correction & replacement license. A $10 relplacement fee is a lot cheap[er than losing a $180 CCL permit fee.

Anyone have a number handy?

Latest posts

Top Bottom