will standard AK furniture fit my saiga?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Guys I have a saiga that has been converted and I was wanting to change the furniture on it, will I need to look for saiga specific furniture? or will standard AK furniture work?

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes and no. Please Note: If your rifle is relying on USA made furniture to keep it in 922R compliance, then replacing furniture with foreign parts may take it out of compliance and produce an illegal rifle.

Buttstock - Good to go with any standard buttstock that is for a stamped receiver AK

Pistol grip - Any Pistol grip for a standard ak, as long as you have a grip brushing and screw (since yours is already converted, I assume it already has a brushing and screw).

Lower Forearm - In order to get a standard ak Lower forearm to work, you will need to get a lower forearm retainer to secure the lower forearm to the barrel. Some people use a hose clamp (ugly), a press-on type (requires removing the front sight = hard). OR use a clamp-on retainer, like this one:
http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_762x39/akbor1.html

Upper Forearm - This requires a switch from the stock gas tube to a standard gas tube. I've heard that the Romanian gas tube is a drop in replacement

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool. The Tapco SAW grip is very comfy, but I've heard that KVAR makes great buttstocks and forearms.

If your into wood, Ironwood designs I've been told has great USA-made wood furniture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom