Wilson Combat sights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where can I get a set of these stainless finished battle sights? These things look amazing.

Attachments

• image-932452846.jpg
    image-932452846.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 155

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you sure you are looking at stainless? Wilson Combat applies a very durable "paint" to most all their firearms these days. If I had to guess, I'd imagine the sights to be a very dark grey color. The Wilson coating is expertly applied to a very well prepped surface; its an excellent product.

BTW, natural colored stainless makes a lousy front and rear sight material. What comes to mind is those SS sights that S&W put on their 66/67 series revolvers for a couple years in the mid 1970"s. In bright sunlight, they pretty much "glared" themselves away. S&W went to a red insert front and a blackened SS rear pretty quick.

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you sure you are looking at stainless? Wilson Combat applies a very durable "paint" to most all their firearms these days. If I had to guess, I'd imagine the sights to be a very dark grey color. The Wilson coating is expertly applied to a very well prepped surface; its an excellent product.

BTW, natural colored stainless makes a lousy front and rear sight material. What comes to mind is those SS sights that S&W put on their 66/67 series revolvers for a couple years in the mid 1970"s. In bright sunlight, they pretty much "glared" themselves away. S&W went to a red insert front and a blackened SS rear pretty quick.

Sorry I should have been more descriptive with my words. I didn't think they were actual stainless. Just a finish or coating that gives a slight appearance of it.

Never really thought about the glare aspect of stainless sights. I also didn't realize that S&W already tried. Learn something new everyday.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pic makes them look matte. Wilson doesn't make a stainless looking sight that I'm aware of. However, the best way to get their parts is to visit their site.