Winchester model 94 price check

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently found a winchester model 94 at a pawnshop. The serial number dates it to 1975. They are asking $375 for it. Is this a decent deal or should I haggle with them some?

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What caliber, what kind of condition is it in?

The pre-64's are obviously the most cherished but the price for post 64 models that were made before the safeties and crap are is going up quickly. The 1992 and after guns are going up but not nearly as much while the used Japanese models are pretty affordable.

There's no doubt the prices on 1965-1981 guns are rising quickly and if you find a good deal it would be a wise decision to pick it up. The 1982-1991 guns are basically normal 94's with an angle eject instead of top eject. The 1992 -2002 models had those god awful crossbolt safeties that ruined the look of the gun. Those were replaced with the sliding lock behind the hammer on the 2003 - Present rifles. Then from 2010 - Present the 94 is Japanese made (excellent craftsmanship but won't hold it's value for a long time).

So, if that 1975 model is in good condition I'd say $375 is respectable but definitely try to get a lower price. The .44 magnum version 94 from the first run in the 70's would be worth more than say a .30-30 and much more if in very good condition just because there was a short run of those first .44 magnums before it was halted and then restarted several years later.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd not pay more than $350 for that rifle, depending on condition. That would be average wear, average use but still fully functional, no rust, no major defects in the wood.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to say without seeing it but if he stands firm at $375 you aren't getting beat up but try to get it as low as possible. Those guns will never go down in value so there's that.