Wisconsin protest, a sign of things to come?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110219/ap_on_re_us/us_wisconsin_budget_unions

Protesters gather outside the state Capitol in Madison, Wis. on Saturday, Feb. 19, 2011.

[By TODD RICHMOND and DINESH RAMDE, Associated Press
MADISON, Wis. – A state Capitol thrown into political chaos swelled for a fifth day with nearly 70,000 protesters, as supporters of Republican efforts to scrap the union rights of state workers challenged pro-labor protesters face-to-face for the first time and GOP leaders insisted again Saturday there was no room for compromise.]

[Doctors from numerous hospitals set up a station near the Capitol to provide notes covering public employees' absences. Family physician Lou Sanner, 59, of Madison, said he had given out hundreds of notes. Many of the people he spoke with seemed to be suffering from stress, he said.]

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wait till we have to start cutting the public assistance programs that are officially called public assistance programs...then you'll really see some s#!t.

You ain't kidding. As for these .gov-dependent workers, wait until masses of them eventually get pink slips because there's no more money, and no more credit with which to pay them - or their paychecks bounce for the same reason. It's coming.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You ain't kidding. As for these .gov-dependent workers, wait until masses of them eventually get pink slips because there's no more money, and no more credit with which to pay them - or their paychecks bounce for the same reason. It's coming.

Like this...

Crime-ridden Camden, N.J., cuts police force nearly in half
January 18, 2011|By the CNN Wire Staff

[The mayor of crime-ridden Camden, New Jersey, has announced layoffs of nearly half of the city's police force and close to a third of its fire department.

One hundred sixty-eight police officers and 67 firefighters were laid off Tuesday, as officials struggle to close a $26.5 million budget gap through a series of belt-tightening measures, Mayor Dana Redd told reporters. The layoffs take effect immediately.]

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-18/...-force-police-officers-public-safety?_s=PM:US

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unions started out as a relativley good idea, but like everything else, corruption crept in. Now they are useless. They border on ridiculous.

No kidding ... they held the majority Democratic gov and state legislature hostage and now they don't understand why the Republican gov and state legislature won't "negotiate" anymore.

I saw an article that some news crews had videotaped some teachers getting fake sick slips from doctors on the steps of the capitol building ... I do believe that is fraud, is it not?? And a fireable offense, I might add.

If anyone in the private sector took off work to protest like this they would have to use vacation days or take leave without pay and risk not having a job to go back to. Seems like the same should be in place for public employees who are obviously abusing the system ...

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw an article that some news crews had videotaped some teachers getting fake sick slips from doctors on the steps of the capitol building ... I do believe that is fraud, is it not?? And a fireable offense, I might add.

Wouldn't that also jeopardize the license to practice medicine for the docs as well? Not sure how serious they consider that offense, but it seems like fake slips would be considered unethical.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't that also jeopardize the license to practice medicine for the docs as well? Not sure how serious they consider that offense, but it seems like fake slips would be considered unethical.

You would think ... You know, I don't have a problem with people protesting ... But I do have a problem with liars, cheats and criminals ...

I figure the folks that showed up Saturday to protest the protesters were private sector working people who couldn't take the day off from work on Friday like the public employees did. Interesting, huh?

Latest posts

Top Bottom