Wisconsin protest, a sign of things to come?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys can try to laugh it off all you want, but most of the crap about the Koch brothers came from the George Soros funded Think Progress bunch and was picked up by other far left wing sites and media like HuffPro, NYTs, etc.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anger brews over government workers' benefits
AP Feb. 25, 2011

By GEOFF MULVIHILL, Associated Press Geoff Mulvihill

"It's the government sector worker who's the new elite, the highest-paid worker on the block," said David Gregory, who teaches labor and employment law at New York's St. John's University".

"National data compiled by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics confirms that public-sector workers do better when it comes to pensions and benefits".

"There's one clear downside for the public employees: "We also know that the public-sector pensions are in deep trouble financially," Mitchell said, pointing to studies that suggest that they're underfunded by a total of $3 trillion, largely because governments have skipped payments. "Exactly what will be done about that, nobody knows."

"Jeff Nash, a Democrat elected to the county freeholder board in union-heavy Camden County, N.J., has come to believe that public employees need to sacrifice".

"The days of government workers receiving free benefits and pensions without risk, those days are coming to an end because everyone else who pays for government services is paying more for their health insurance, like myself, and running the risk of a 401(k) as part of their retirement savings. Government is changing to match what the rest of middle-class America is enduring today."

"It's not a matter of fairness," he said. "It's a matter of evolution."

Continued...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110308/ap_on_re_us/us_benefit_envy

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys can try to laugh it off all you want, but most of the crap about the Koch brothers came from the George Soros funded Think Progress bunch and was picked up by other far left wing sites and media like HuffPro, NYTs, etc.
I noticed the gubnor sure took his phone call right away when he thought it was his rich benefactor.
And I notice he had 20 minutes of his time to BS with him during his workday too.

How much was it that Walker received from Koch again?
$43,000 directly to Walkers campaign?
Millions to Americans for Prosperity which turned around and ran a $320,000 TV ad in support of Walkers "budget repair bill"?

George Soros is the bad guy tho. :rotflmao:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed the gubnor sure took his phone call right away when he thought it was his rich benefactor.
And I notice he had 20 minutes of his time to BS with him during his workday too.

How much was it that Walker received from Koch again?
$43,000 directly to Walkers campaign?
Millions to Americans for Prosperity which turned around and ran a $320,000 TV ad in support of Walkers "budget repair bill"?

George Soros is the bad guy tho. :rotflmao:

And just how much do you think ole Georgie boy pumped into the Dem side of the race? Do a little research and you will find that he and his front groups more then matched the Koch brothers.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And just how much do you think ole Georgie boy pumped into the Dem side of the race? Do a little research and you will find that he and his front groups more then matched the Koch brothers.
No doubt.

I love how the left is trying to use the Koch brothers as a boogyman in this, but truth of the matter is they had little to nothing to do with it.
But that bolded part there is just flat out false.

I can recognize a bought off politician when I see one; And I see one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom