wma/pha outlook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlw2123

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
well first off, its been a while since i went deer hunting..and to boot, ive always hunted on private property.this year i plan on doing some hunting on wma and pha places near tulsa. ive been checking out skiatook wma..looks pretty nice..hopefully not too much orange floating around but another question here is, just because it is designated WMA...does it mean i can hunt it? i know relatively where the zones are by the wildlife department map online. i just dont want to get out there, park my vehicle and go for a hunt and get my @ss thrown in jail because of some misunderstanding of this and that which i did not know i had to do about wma or pha areas...or maybe you just park and go?? obviously you need a hunting license as well but....any suggestions? it seems it is so easy to break the law now-days to where it makes it hard to do anything at all....also, anyone have any luck in that area??

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pick up a copy of the hunting regulations at wal mart or academy. There is a wealth of information in there. You will find many WMA have regulations and seasons specific to the WMA.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd be interested to see what you think of hunting public land. I went out for the first time this year on public land and heard the crack of a round go over my head as soon as the sun came up. That's all I needed to hear. Gonna buy a bow and hunt public next year. Never again during rifle season. What did you think?

Latest posts

Top Bottom