Woods yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hit the woods yesterday and put my climber on my opening morning tree. Lord it was thick, walked through weeds and grasses over my head. Couldn't believe I came out without a single tick on me. The soybeans look awesome. Hundreds of acres of lush soybean fields. Deer are hammering them. Ought to be a good year. 17 days and counting...

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where the ticks haven't been a problem the abundance of pollen from all the vegetation that grew like crazy has taken up the slack in annoyance!

I always back packed my climber in and out, rarely leaving it, if I did it was overnight max. I carried it in and out to allow me to choose last minute where to go. It also virtually eliminated the risk of theft, cause I would rather not have to dispose of a body during a hunting trip.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where the ticks haven't been a problem the abundance of pollen from all the vegetation that grew like crazy has taken up the slack in annoyance!

I always back packed my climber in and out, rarely leaving it, if I did it was overnight max. I carried it in and out to allow me to choose last minute where to go. It also virtually eliminated the risk of theft, cause I would rather not have to dispose of a body during a hunting trip.

I generally pack my climbers in and out. I hate having to find a suitable tree in the dark and then set it up though. I have multiple climbers out on the public land I hunt. They are cable locked to the tree but if somebody really wanted one I guess they could cut the cable. My setups are in super thick out of the way places where most folks wont go. Havent had one stolen yet, knock on wood.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always had my trees pre picked from scouting. I never had to find a suitable tree in the dark. Lol I only had to find "the tree" in the dark. I only had 1 climber stand.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always had my trees pre picked from scouting. I never had to find a suitable tree in the dark. Lol I only had to find "the tree" in the dark. I only had 1 climber stand.

I have a major problem finding suitable trees for a climber on the public land I hunt. Everything is too small, too big or too crooked. Lol. Don't have much confidence in ground blinds. I ordered a ghillie suit this year, gonna crawl under some cedars and blow downs this season and sit stone still, see what happens with that.

I saw two deer running together on Oct 9th last year about 70 yards away from my climber. Small one was 150 inches , big one was quite a bit bigger, I bout fell out of my stand. Looking for them in early season pattern again this year.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a major problem finding suitable trees for a climber on the public land I hunt. Everything is too small, too big or too crooked. Lol. Don't have much confidence in ground blinds. I ordered a ghillie suit this year, gonna crawl under some cedars and blow downs this season and sit stone still, see what happens with that.

I saw two deer running together on Oct 9th last year about 70 yards away from my climber. Small one was 150 inches , big one was quite a bit bigger, I bout fell out of my stand. Looking for them in early season pattern again this year.

On Honobia WMA right? ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom