Woohoo...almost done with my first AR build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, not quite "done", but it's getting there. I have completely assembled the lower (minus the trigger guard, which I forgot to order :cry11:) and I've mocked up the upper, so I can see what it's going to end up looking like. I'm just awaiting a few tools so I can finish the assembly. Next will be loading up some ammo for it, since I chose to go with .300 BLK for this one.

A mostly complete parts list:
Fat Boy Tactical special Anderson blem stripped lower
CMMG lower parts kit
CMC drop in trigger (freaking SWEET so far, can't wait to get to the range with it)
Ergo FDE grip
Spikes Tactical buffer tube assembly
Mission First Minimalist stock
SOTA Arms 16" barrel (thanks to mapcon1941 for that)
Diamondhead VRS-T 13.5" handguard
PWS FSC-30 compensator
WMD NIB-X charging handle
Stag Arms upper parts kit

And now for a couple of pictures (excuse the mess):

2014-07-08 14.36.03.jpg
20140710_100628.jpg

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:clap3:

What you gonna look thru to hit your target?
I'm still working on figuring that out. I'm setting this up to be a deer gun (on top of just being a cool toy), so it will be scoped. But right now, I'll probably steal the Primary Arms micro dot I have on another AR for the moment. Once I get it assembled and shoot it a few times, I plan on blowing it all apart so I can get it Cerakoted.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm planning on going all FDE with maybe a couple of small bits of black. Although I'll be leaving the barrel stainless, because otherwise, why by a stainless barrel. Basically I want this thing to stand WAY out from my other AR's. I don't want to be the next guy showing how much of an idiot he is by somehow chambering a .300 blk into a .223 chamber and blowing things to bits. :-)

Any suggestions as to where to go for the Cerakote would be appreciated. I've heard good things about Harsh Firearms in Norman and I have even submitted a quote request on his website, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing around my area.

Only stores we have around here are your Discount tobacco-Cold beer-Wheelchair rental-feed stores (Closed on Sundays).

Latest posts

Top Bottom