Worst Drive Ever!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took me an hour and 50 minutes to get home. It usually takes 20 minutes.

Truck Carrying Hazardous Material Crashes On Tulsa Highway
kotv.images.worldnow.com_images_15938555_G.jpg

Tulsa Police shut down parts of two highways after a truck carrying a hazardous material rolled over.

The semi rolled onto its side on eastbound Highway 11 near the ramp to eastbound to I-244.

We’re told the semi was carrying organic peroxide, a bleaching agent. Hazmat crews responded to the scene.

Stan May with the Tulsa Fire Department said the leak has been contained. He said there was a little leakage down a nearby hill, but that was also contained.

May said the chemical was very volatile, so they were careful about what was done around it.

He said tow trucks are in place to right the truck.

Tuesday afternoon, Tulsa Police blocked off the area between 85th East Avenue and Admiral. They also shut down westbound I-244 from Highway 169 to Highway 11 and eastbound I-244 from Memorial to Mingo. The ramp from northbound Highway 169 to westbound I-244 was also closed. They also shut down I-244 westbound at the I-44 split on the east side of town, forcing traffic to stay on I-44.

I-244 was re-opened in all directions around 6:00 p.m., but Admiral between Memorial and 89th East Avenue and the transition ramp from Highway 11 to eastbound I-244 remain closed.

Live Traffic Updates

No injuries have been reported but a nearby hotel had to be evacuated.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember getting stuck in Austin once when a truck carrying Downy fabric softener tipped and dumped that all over the road. Wow, what a mess. Austin traffic is bad enough already... and this was years before "the bypass".

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure how this would compare to Austin, probably a totally different league. All 4 lanes of east bound I244 traffic was exiting on Memorial that was down to 1 lane south bound, which most people were turning. I turned the other way.

I usually try to miss rush hour all together by going in early. And today, I was gonna hit the boat show so I left work early. So much for that!

And, I made the mistake of not listening to krmg when I left work. That was a major mistake!

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember getting stuck in Austin once when a truck carrying Downy fabric softener tipped and dumped that all over the road. Wow, what a mess. Austin traffic is bad enough already... and this was years before "the bypass".
Ah, but your tires smelled like fresh daisies and none of that rubber static cling!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ponca use to have the biggest liquor wholesale distributorship in the state.
Semi loads of hooch.
One of them turned over on I-35 once, and spilled its cargo all over the highway.
I heard it was a near riot with folks helping clean up the mess.........LOL.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 93 or 94, I was stuck 100miles north of Birmingham, AL for 36hours because of a late winter ice and snowstorm on a charter bus with 40 other drunk stinky college students. All I had was 4 cases of bud light and two day old mc ribs stuffed under my seat, soaking up the 1/4” of beer and puke that was swishing around on the floor as the wind rocked the bus.
So you fellas shut yer pieholes

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 93 or 94, I was stuck 100miles north of Birmingham, AL for 36hours because of a late winter ice and snowstorm on a charter bus with 40 other drunk stinky college students. All I had was 4 cases of bud light and two day old mc ribs stuffed under my seat, soaking up the 1/4” of beer and puke that was swishing around on the floor as the wind rocked the bus.
So you fellas shut yer pieholes
You had beer!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom