• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City Wtb 243 WSSM Bolt for AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a bolt for 243WSSM for an AR platform. My friend says OLY is out of business and we all know DTECH won't answer the phone.
Does anybody know who still makes one or maybe have 1 to let go of.
Pm here
Thanks

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you actually find ammo for that thing? I had one years ago and it was scarce and expensive then. Sorry for jacking the thread
No hijack its all good!
Partner head shot a pdog with his, biggest piece of brain was tiny. Made a furrow width of a dime 8 feet in the snow. Awesome power! Pics somewhere. So i bought one.
Brass dies etc. He calls today wants to give me all his stuff cuz his bolt broke.
Wouldnt be fun to outshoot him with something different so im just looking around.
After all they get no love so i have to reinvent the (yup those guys don't like this round for good reason) wheel.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have two .243 WSSM rifles in the AR platform.
Basically there are two outlets for the AR platform. DTech and Accuracy systems inc.
Have one from each.
Go with Dtech if possible.
Can't believe they don't answer their phone. Tried email or text? Covid issues like a lot of businesses?
At one time, there was a person hired to answer the phone as their job to keep customers up to date on the progress their gun was in.
It uses a .300 WSM as the parent cartridge, and the discharge opening must be enlarged to accommodate the fat cartridge, no dust cover as those mounts are milled out for clearance.
Winchester came out with a brass run two years ago. I had several hundred prior to that but picked up a couple hundred more.
If I can help more, just let me know.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a bolt for 243WSSM for an AR platform. My friend says OLY is out of business and we all know DTECH won't answer the phone.
Does anybody know who still makes one or maybe have 1 to let go of.
Pm here
Thanks
Had one of these but sold it several years ago to a buddy of mine who wanted it real bad, mine was made by Olympic Arms but their long gone now, I had a Winchester bolt gun in 243 WSSM, that thing was a real good shooter but heated up too quick because of the feather weight barrel, I sent it to Pac-Nor to re-barrel it with a heavier varmint weight barrel and it got burned up in their fire. Haven't seen any brass for a long time, in ANY of these SSM's. Robinson Arms makes their XCR in 243 Win, I have one in 260 Rem and an extra barrel in 308, they shoot great and use standard AR-10 mags, the barrels are interchangeable and only takes about five minutes or less to change calibers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom