• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

WTT for HD shotgun and .45 auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
looking for a home defense shotgun and a .45 auto (1911, hk, sig, etc).

Willing to trade for anything Best Buy sells and your item will be new in box with receipt. Will give you 25% off of trade value as well

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
@sixseven is a stand-up guy. I can understand some people's curiosity or questioning of what sounds like it may be a shady deal. Honestly, he has never really explained (to my knowledge) how this all comes about, but the bottom line is, he doesn't have to. He has provided a very VERY valuable service to many MANY members of our community for years in this way.

Here's my assumption of how things probably work:
@sixseven has an occupation/career/opportunity that allows or requires him to spend a lot of money at Best Buy or some other service that earns him a lot of rewards - such as BB reward gift cards, bonus bucks, something like that. Who knows. Doesn't really matter. Bottom line is, he then uses those points or cards to buy things for us, save us some money off the retail and he gets to supplement his income with it. Nothing wrong with that. Lots and LOTS of us have jobs where we travel alot on the company dime - flights, hotels, per diems, etc. But there's nothing wrong with putting all those bookings and outings on your personal card and letting the company reimburse you, is there? So then you get rewards points on your credit cards, you get points for hotel stays, etc. Frequent flier miles. All those things. Is it wrong then to use those points to travel yourself on a vacation or whatever? Personal items? If your company permits this kind of thing, reimburses you, they know well and good you are getting those benefits, and they're obviously ok with it.

Why shouldn't we be?

Anyways, that's my take on it. @sixseven is a solid dude. No need to question his motives or methods, in my opinion - there is absolute NO indication from his past record he is doing anything illegal or unethical. I don't see the need to jump to that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
@sixseven is a stand-up guy. I can understand some people's curiosity or questioning of what sounds like it may be a shady deal. Honestly, he has never really explained (to my knowledge) how this all comes about, but the bottom line is, he doesn't have to. He has provided a very VERY valuable service to many MANY members of our community for years in this way.

Here's my assumption of how things probably work:
@sixseven has an occupation/career/opportunity that allows or requires him to spend a lot of money at Best Buy or some other service that earns him a lot of rewards - such as BB reward gift cards, bonus bucks, something like that. Who knows. Doesn't really matter. Bottom line is, he then uses those points or cards to buy things for us, save us some money off the retail and he gets to supplement his income with it. Nothing wrong with that. Lots and LOTS of us have jobs where we travel alot on the company dime - flights, hotels, per diems, etc. But there's nothing wrong with putting all those bookings and outings on your personal card and letting the company reimburse you, is there? So then you get rewards points on your credit cards, you get points for hotel stays, etc. Frequent flier miles. All those things. Is it wrong then to use those points to travel yourself on a vacation or whatever? Personal items? If your company permits this kind of thing, reimburses you, they know well and good you are getting those benefits, and they're obviously ok with it.

Why shouldn't we be?

Anyways, that's my take on it. @sixseven is a solid dude. No need to question his motives or methods, in my opinion - there is absolute NO indication from his past record he is doing anything illegal or unethical. I don't see the need to jump to that.

People I used to work with always were confused when I volunteered to pay for airfare, lodging, etc using my credit card vs the company card and then have to do mountains of paperwork with receipts, etc back when I was working for a living.
Points on the CC paid for Airfare to several exotic locations.....at no charge to me.
Go for its all I can say!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Sixseven I followed my post up with a "LOL" Because your post does look a little fishy!!! I don't care how many posts you or I have . I see that post, it raises questions. In this day and age you have to ask... Sorry you and the others can't see why I would raise an eyebrow at that post. Just questioning ... not accusing. Is good to see the other guys jumping to your defense though!!!! Peace and hope you find what you are looking for.........

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Generally then I'd assume you'd raise those questions in a PM vs in the thread and save everyone the trouble of having to deal with it in the first place, but there you have it. Looks like it's settled either way.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
LOL wow ! What trouble ??? I asked you to clarify !!! I did not call you a dirty name or accuse you of anything!!! I asked you to explain something. And saying it sounded fishy apparently hurt your feelings !!!

Generally, I would assume as a grownup, I can post what I posted with out making another grownup get his feathers ruffled!!!

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
LOL wow ! What trouble ??? I asked you to clarify !!! I did not call you a dirty name or accuse you of anything!!! I asked you to explain something. And saying it sounded fishy apparently hurt your feelings !!!

Generally, I would assume as a grownup, I can post what I posted with out making another grownup get his feathers ruffled!!!
Nice dick move...it will make you lots of pals here. OP is a stand up guy and has been for a very long time. There is a thing called feedback and you might research there before calling someone out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk