XD .45 Compact Range report.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well folks, :oops3: I accidentally bought a new gun. (How you might ask?) :saywhat: I have no idea, but I ended up with an XD .45 Compact that was for sale in the classifieds here. :respect: Thanks Money Bags. No need for this pistol, aside from having some extra .45 ammo laying around. :)

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_photo5_1.jpg

Took her immediately to the range where a workout of around 50 rounds ensued. She joined the club and got along well with the others there today. Seems to have fit right in.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_photo7_1.jpg

Overall, I am impressed. This was my first experience with an XD pistol. I had read great reviews of them on this board and had seen others use them at matches. (Bowling pin I think) Fit and finish was good. This one was used but in great shape and very clean. It still had the copper colored lube inside even. :) Sizing it up to the Glock 19 shows that it is very close in size. The grip is nearly the same size but has a slightly different angle of course. Slide is also nearly the same in the rear. The front is a bit beefier on the .45 XD though.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_photo6_1.jpg

Loaded up 10 rounds in one mag and 13 in the other. I realize all you 1911ers out there have round envy at this point. :bolt: Tested the trigger and other safety on the rig before chambering a round. The added rear safety is interesting. Seems an extra measure of protection that should not slow one down. I sent a string of 5 rounds downrange and found the accuracy very good. Although, I always find bulk .45 ammo to be filthy to shoot. Kept all the hits in a fairly small diameter at 7 yds then 12 yds. Moved the target out to 25 yards and was able to hit a pie plate sized target with 3 of 5 rounds off hand, no support. Seems sufficient. :) Even rapidfire resulted in good accuracy. It certainly had more felt recoil than the G19 in 9mm but that was expected. Nothing to hot to handle.

I give the XD an 8 out of 10. I like the size and firepower packed in to the small package. No problems with it. Glad to add another .45 to the collection.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice post. Thanks for the insight.
I've been thinking a little about that gun of late.
Not sure I want to feed another auto yet.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sizing it up to the Glock 19 shows that it is very close in size. The grip is nearly the same size but has a slightly different angle of course. Slide is also nearly the same in the rear. The front is a bit beefier on the .45 XD though.

So that puts it at, oh right around or slightly larger than a Glock 30, right?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
nice report monkey.i've never had a ftf or a fte with my 45 compact.same for my g27.i would rely on both when the **** went down.i don't favor one maker over the other...aren't all guns good? glad you like the xd,enjoy.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nice report monkey.i've never had a ftf or a fte with my 45 compact.same for my g27.i would rely on both when the **** went down.i don't favor one maker over the other...aren't all guns good? glad you like the xd,enjoy.

Good to hear about your success with both of these fine firearms. Just about all guns are good. :mean: I have had a few that were more trouble than fun. Mostly though, agreed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom