xd9 vs sr9c?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking at both guns. I have shot the xd9 and loved it but have not shot the sr9c. Has anyone on here shot both guns or do you have an opinion on the guns.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
are you asking about the XD9sub which would be equal with the SR9c then it depends on which ones feels good in your hands, and mags on the SR9c would be a little more expensive then XD9 mags so take that into consideration.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would shoot the other, if possible, before you make a choice. I've shot a sub compact XD 9 and it shot great for being a relatively small gun. There are definitely smaller, but it still felt comfortable in my hand.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just a couple of points I will add, the sr9c has a slightly smaller grip than the xd9 so it depends on the size of your hands. both are good guns, there are a couple of features that the xd has that the sr9c does not. 1. xd has palm safety 2. xd has exposed rear firing pin that indicates when the gun is cocked and, 3. a round indicator that sticks up on the top of the gun that indicates a round is chambered. dont know if these are features you care about, just thought I would point them out. buy what feels good. guns are a personal choice. at least that is my 2 cents.

midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the xd9 today. I shot both(thanks Tulsa Fire Arms) and the grip on the xd9 fits better in my hand. Both shot equally well. The xd was smoother, and with the 17 round mag its just hard to pass up.