Xds 9mm Reviews?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had a pair of the 45s, nice pistols. But I always return to the Kahr 9s. Currently running a CM9 and a shortened grip CW9. Smaller, lighter and easier to carry!

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and my wife has one. My dad has one and my step mom has one. We all shot the shield and a few other small guns and settled on the XDs. I wouldn't say it's better than the Shield, or vice versa, it's just better for me. Hold all the guns in that category, shoot as many as you can and buy the one you like best. They're pretty much all good guns, but you have to find what you like.

As for a 'review,' it carries well, recoil isn't a problem, it goes bang every time, the sights are great, the safeties work but aren't intrusive and ammo is getting cheaper. The only issue we've had is, if you don't clean and lube it properly, I've had two of the 4 guns not lock back after the last round. One didn't cycle properly, but all problems were resolved after a little cleaning and love. I'd chalk that up to operator error, ultimately.

I'm sure the other guns like the XDs will also fit that description, so shop around

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im an XD fan, Ive carried an XD 9mm sub rotated with a few other sub compact 9mms 12 years now and love it. Im a CA kid so I wear shorts starting right after the last snow and needed something to carry in shorts, etc, so I tried the XDs as well as a Shield and the 2 9mm KelTec single stacks. Sold the Shield and the KelTecs and still have the XDs- even tho I will say that I did like the Shield a lot I just stayed with S.A. The XDs shoots comfortable to me and the sights are ok and it compared pretty equal to the Shield in the trigger department, which is way better than those little Kel Tecs. Since I only carry it in summer when out and about tho I admitedly havent shot it as much as my XD. I plan to shoot it more this summer. I have the regular and the extension mags and while I like the extra tension of the extension mag it only adds one more round so I only bought one, 3 mags give me 22 rounds. I was carrying a .38 snubnose revolver with an extra speedloader previously in the summer so the Xds is definitely a lot less hassle. (Recently purchased the new XD Mod.2 sub in 9mm and its now my main carry, only difference between it and the original XD sub tho is the cool new grip).

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one. Carry it all the time. I absolutely love it. A word of advice, and the only problem I've found with it: it doesn't like hornady critical defense/duty ammo. The polymer tips get stuck on the feed ramp if you don't rack the slide back aggressively enough. Aside from that, I've never had a ftf, fte, or otherwise. I've fired probably 2500+ rounds through it, everything from cheap crap to +p expensive stuff, had nothing but great luck with it.