Yet Another Reason To Hate Ethanol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I think federal ethanol subsidies are essentially ended but they've been replaced by almost-unanimous state mandates requiring the addition of ethanol to gasoline. So it continues to be a no-lose bidness for agricorps. It is apparently the phenomenon which is driving the farmland price bubble. And, as we know, all bubbles burst.

And when this one bursts, the soil will be left basically sterilized and not much good for anything.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So do OSA'ers agree with an article on Mother Jones? ;)

Even they get something right once in a great while.

Actually, I think federal ethanol subsidies are essentially ended but they've been replaced by almost-unanimous state mandates requiring the addition of ethanol to gasoline. So it continues to be a no-lose bidness for agricorps. It is apparently the phenomenon which is driving the farmland price bubble. And, as we know, all bubbles burst.

And when this one bursts, the soil will be left basically sterilized and not much good for anything.

There are federal fuel mandates that are increasing to 15% soon.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have nothing to fear about Ethanol. We were told on the last thread that any problems we've experienced in small engines running Ethanol were a figment of our imagination.

But then again that was coming from someone who was quite pleased when it was learned that we were stuck with DingleBarry for another four years.

They don't call it Kool-Aid for nuthin'.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had no reason to hate Ethanol until yesterday when I rolled off the Harley lot with a new ride. Guys told me to run Prem with no Ethanol. I didn't even they think they sold prem with no Ethanol. I know of regular but what stations sell prem with no Ethanol?

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had no reason to hate Ethanol until yesterday when I rolled off the Harley lot with a new ride. Guys told me to run Prem with no Ethanol. I didn't even they think they sold prem with no Ethanol. I know of regular but what stations sell prem with no Ethanol?

I know some of the newer 7-elevens around here do. They have low octane with 10% ethanol and all three with no ethanol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom