YETTI Having major financial problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cannot believe anyone would ever pay that high a price for their stuff. It’s ridiculous. They may work but they ain’t the only coolers that do what they do. And as someone already said. There are plenty of competitors that are half the price. To me they are just a fad. I see people driving around with yetti stickers on their cars and trucks. I don’t get that. Why would someone want to put a cooler sticker on their car? For show that’s why.
I buy things I don’t need to impress people I don’t know.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh...

...my philosophy is that if someone wants me to carry/wear something that "advertises" their brand, they better be prepared to GIVE me the product. The closest thing I have to wearing something that shows a name is my Wrangler jeans, and their label is covered by my belt.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you notice that Yetti cooler corporation is in a downward financial spiral? They are being overtaken by competitors. According to one article that I read they lost 22% in gross income in 2017 and are expecting it to be worse this year. Could not happen to anyone that deserves it more...maybe they will learn to stay out of politics. It does not pay to bit the hand that feeds you.

Good - I hope they have a dramatic fail. They alienated a bunch of people, me included, with their PC bull$hit.

SABOT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh, I am absolutely devastated to hear this. I mean like I need more of their overpriced coolers and mugs, whatever shall I do. It's not like there are at least half a dozen companies selling same quality of stuff that cost significantly less. And I bet most of those companies support the NRA.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh...

...my philosophy is that if someone wants me to carry/wear something that "advertises" their brand, they better be prepared to GIVE me the product. The closest thing I have to wearing something that shows a name is my Wrangler jeans, and their label is covered by my belt.

We are in the same boat. I don't have any branding on my truck except the emblem on my hood. Even the dealer sticker didn't survive. The only shirts that I have say "Fat Boy Tactical" on them and those came from the build party out in Tulsa.

I don't go out and buy "officially licensed" stuff mainly because all I do is pad the bottom line of the product and advertise for them for free. If Budweiser wants to send me out a box of shirts I will wear them without a problem. Same for any other manufacturer but otherwise they can hit the bricks. And that includes sports teams. I watch a little hockey but I'm not going to go pay for a shirt to advertise their team so they can earn more money.

As far as Yetti goes, I looked at their products once and only once. Saw the prices and nearly pissed in a new cooler. There is good quality for the cost and then there is retarded cost for what you get. It's like the guy who buys the Cadillac or Lincoln pickup to go use as a work truck and then complain when it costs more to fix and gets beat up killing the value.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They make a pretty good product, but as a lot of you have posted there are plenty of companies that can meet, and beat them. Even though Cabela's has totally pissed me off in the past year, their cooler beats Yeti.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's like the guy who buys the Cadillac or Lincoln pickup to go use as a work truck and then complain when it costs more to fix and gets beat up killing the value.

Like you, I think pickups are made for working, hauling, and hunting so having the Cadillac or Lincoln name on there does nothing to help improve the utility of the truck for its intended use. Yet, I regularly see them pulling a landscape service trailer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom