You tell me what I saw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This actually happened Sunday around 6:00pm on Airport Rd in SW OKC.

If any of you are familiar with the area, there is a large wooded area south of Airport Rd and East of Meridian. As Airport Rd merges into Will Rogers Expressway South Bound, the wooded area opens up to a large field. You can often see a rather herd of whitetails in the early evenings in this area.

Anyway, in the portion that is wooded, as I was driving by Sunday evening, I saw what I first though was a bedded down deer. As I looked I saw it moving and the movement was not like a deer. From where I was, it appeared to move more like a big cat. I was going to try to stop, but traffic was pretty busy and I would have needed to back up along the shoulder. I dismissed it as just a trick of perspective, whatever. Is it plausible that this was a mountain lion?

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's plausible, but unlikely that it was a mountain lion. There have been a few sightings in central OK over the past couple of years, just not that close to the city. I guess that area would be a decently safe area for it to live.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've seen turkeys and deer out there, but never any cats. It's possible, seeing as how there are a bunch of deer out there and no predators.

I wish they'd let me bow hunt out there.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WhiteyMacD said:
You and me both.

There use to be a pretty large group east of Mustang Rd along 44th before they put in that neighborhood.

I have seen a rather large cat and it's babies, around 59th and czech hall in mustang. My parents live in that area. They walked thru the back yard and into the woods behind the house. Looked to be bob cats? But not sure.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was it black?

Panther I bet.
www.therightcontext.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_05_NewBlackPantherPty.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom