Your next truck purchase might be better spent on a BMW or Mercedes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because these truck prices are fn retarded. If you're gonna drop $80K on something, just get a damn E class or 7 series and roll around in true comfort. And then just rent one of Home Depot's trucks for $20/day when you need to haul/tow something.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because these truck prices are fn retarded. If you're gonna drop $80K on something, just get a damn E class or 7 series and roll around in true comfort. And then just rent one of Home Depot's trucks for $20/day when you need to haul/tow something.

Some of us haul real loads. Those city boy "trucks" won't handle it.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of us haul real loads. Those city boy "trucks" won't handle it.
Yeah, some of the stuff I've had in the back of my truck would've done significant damage to a Mercedes or BMW. I'm sure @swampratt could've figured out a way to strap that 500lb hay fork to his Corolla, but I don't know what he'd have to do to haul one of those round bales...

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, some of the stuff I've had in the back of my truck would've done significant damage to a Mercedes or BMW. I'm sure @swampratt could've figured out a way to strap that 500lb hay fork to his Corolla, but I don't know what he'd have to do to haul one of those round bales...
He'd just drop a cam in the Corolla and hook up to one of those 40 foot hot shot trailers, and remember he 's got that badass camo job on it, so you'd never see it comin'.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks are going to buy what they want to buy.

Some think its nuts, others think its fine.

Currently leasing a 2022 silverado, been a year in November. Will I buy it at lease end, maybe. Residual is $28,000. I know the miles will be under the allotted milage.

I wont be able to touch a low milage 3 year old Silverado LT for $28,000 at a dealer.

The buy out maybe my best option. Still have a couple years.

Over all its been a very good vehicle, hwy mileage has been as high as 24mpg, averages 21.9 hwy. Has the 5.3 with afm/dfm turned off, no chip to run it so it hits on all 8 all the time.

Only issue I have is the back up camera freezes up about half the time.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a truck but it is lighter than my 57 chevy and brakes are not as big as my 57 chevy.
Chevy gets tow duty most of the time.
As long as you can afford what you drive and like what you drive then all is good.

I was never picky on what i drove.
I have these vehicles of mine because they were inexpensive when i got them.

Except the Corolla it was the most expensive car I ever purchased and to this day I have more money in it than anything I ever had with wheels on it.

Yea and i got it used. It is a 1995 and i bought it for $6,000 in 2000.
over 375,000 miles on it now. Trying for 500,000 or more. Engine and transmission have never been apart other than a valve cover gasket and PCV hose and upper radiator hose. And Transmission filter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom