Youth Pavilion, Sky Trail and Zip Line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a presentation on it some time back. If they do everything they said they were going to do OKC could become a fun place to visit.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://newsok.com/glimpse-of-a-future-steak-dinner/article/3879860
Whenever I comment about the ups and downs of MAPS, I go back to the old analogy of witnessing the butchering of the steer before we get to enjoy the steak dinner. I’m often confused as the originator of the quote, but time and again I am careful to note it belongs to Devery Youngblood, who back in 1997 was tasked by the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber with trying to tame the public’s negative outlook on the then unproven public improvements initiative.
Once again we have a MAPS program – MAPS 3 – that is going through some turbulent times. But sometimes you get a glimpse of what’s to come, and you begin to realize it may turn out OK – especially if various parties work together to work out conflicts and concerns.
One project that isn’t getting a lot of attention is the White Water Rapids set to be built along the Oklahoma River along the Riversport Adventure attractions. The above rendering gives us a glimpse of what it might look like. Now we get a glimpse of the testing and design now underway:

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went and did the kayaking a few weeks ago and it was a blast. I hate heights so I won't do the free fall thing but I wanna try the zip line across the river. Also took a boat tour around the canal and the guy let us know all the upcoming attractions, besides the zip line they are putting in a pneumatic white water rafting, indoor surf boarding, building a Central Park style park and okc bought the old Santa Monica pier Ferris wheel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom