Bush's Chili Magic review.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But Texan’s are idiots! As long as it’s not Cincinnati or Greek style, I’m fine with most chili, with or without beans. It’s meat stew after all.

For the record. I think we’d rather have the first place chilli recipe ;)
A little secret......if beans aren't allowed, Puree some and make it part of the juice.
I actually didn't say that.
You have to cook chili in a competition according to what the judges prefer.
Tx, no beans hotter than hell.
Indiana, no heat. The further north one goes, the less heat.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Asparagus has absolutely zero taste for me....I can't taste it at all. However, my pee really stinks after I've eaten it.
Yeah, it makes the pee stink, but we love it. Our patch has been in place for 32 years. Jersey Giant variety.
Starting to get too old and not producing as much as it used to. In the past we would take three or four walmart bags of asparagus to the senior citizen center so they could serve it in their meals every spring.
We/I as chief cook and bottle washer like to put one slice of bacon in a cast iron skillet to cook and then add some onion, then the asparagus when the onion is about ready.
It's finely diced into burgers, meat loaf, and whatever. Super food that's good for you.

Last edited:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it makes the pee stink, but we love it. Our patch has been in place for 32 years. Jersey Giant variety.
Starting to get too old and not producing as much as it used to. In the past we would take three or four walmart bags of asparagus to the senior citizen center so they could serve it in their meals every spring.
We/I as chief cook and bottle washer like to put one slice of bacon in a cast iron skillet to cook and then add some onion, then the asparagus when the onion is about ready.
It's finely diced into burgers, meat loaf, and whatever. Super food that's good for you.
I watched a video on asparagus and the guy stated that not everyone can smell the effects in their pee. Found this on Google: Findings show that 40 percent of participants agreed that they could smell a distinct odor in their urine after eating asparagus, and 60 percent said they could not and were labeled as 'asparagus anosmic'.

We have an 8'x8' patch that's plenty for my wife and to give some away but I don't eat it. Can't say as I've ever tried it either but something about green veggies keeps them off my 'to eat' list.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every man should learn and know his concoction! Mine is 3 hard boiled eggs and half a can of sauerkraut, 2-3 hours before needing action. I can clear a room!
I believe that is a part of the Navy's AO A School, every one of those suckers I have ever known could be classified as a walking war crime. In one of my squadron assignments we had a AOCM as our CMC. He was prohibited from setting foot in the ready room.

Saw him make his dog puke once because he busted ass in his living room.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe that is a part of the Navy's AO A School, every one of those suckers I have ever known could be classified as a walking war crime. In one of my squadron assignments we had a AOCM as our CMC. He was prohibited from setting foot in the ready room.

Saw him make his dog puke once because he busted ass in his living room.
Bringing back memories of morning quarters. There were a few that could make us break formation.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1715525439081.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom