Digital trunking scanner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got one of those several years ago....it took me three days of reading just to get the local channels. Still don't know about the trunked.

You are missing all of the good stuff if you are not listening to the trunked channels. +1000 on the radioreference and the programming cable and software, it is a must, especially for the Radio Shack version I have. I think the programming manual was written in a different language and transcribed about 3 times!

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are missing all of the good stuff if you are not listening to the trunked channels. +1000 on the radioreference and the programming cable and software, it is a must, especially for the Radio Shack version I have. I think the programming manual was written in a different language and transcribed about 3 times!

I am going to check it out... Ive been with radioreference for a while.. just listened to LEO channels on it... Its crazy the manual... I got mine from radio shack too.. it was 500 bucks!! its just a dust magnet! uggggg

JollyGreen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call the radio shack, most of them have a scanner programmed to local trunking channels.

If you take yours to them, they will clone it "copy" to match theirs.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call the radio shack, most of them have a scanner programmed to local trunking channels.

If you take yours to them, they will clone it "copy" to match theirs.

JG is absolutely right. Most RS stores will load you up with the local programming by driopping the unit by the store.

If you want to have a go at it yourself the software you need is available in a 30 trail version here:http://www.starrsoft.com/software/win96/. If you likie th eprogram you can upgrade to the full version for $30. You will also need the programming cable from your local RS. Take my word for it. The software makes it much easier to understand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom