Ordering a Spikes lower today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
business is business... lol. you guys would rather pay more now for a lower than save some money? but back then you wouldn't pay more for a lower?

you're shooting yourselves in the foot if you're looking for a lower and dont take advantage of the low price for quality parts.

You're shooting yourself in the foot if you subsidize ridiculous behavior like Spike's Tactical after the election.
Not everything is about price. Would you buy $30 lowers from someone who supports the Brady Campaign? Would you buy $30 lowers with neo-nazi insignia on them?

https://surplusammo.com/
Aeroprecision lowers

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're shooting yourself in the foot if you subsidize ridiculous behavior like Spike's Tactical after the election.
Not everything is about price. Would you buy $30 lowers from someone who supports the Brady Campaign? Would you buy $30 lowers with neo-nazi insignia on them?

https://surplusammo.com/
Aeroprecision lowers

I used to fully agree with this, but with the various gun-manufacturers shutting down and going south... I think at the end of the day, I'd rather have a Spikes Tactical than not have them - even if they at one time turned on their own people.

Its also jacked up as to what they did to their re-sale places since they gouged them and then lowered the price on their website which screwed those dealers who purchased parts from Spikes during the gouge, but this same screwing was happening in the gun-shops here in Tulsa as well as OKC - and yes, even on this message board's classified section.

Provided that they learned their lesson (I'm sure that financially, their decisions hurt them more than helped them), and they offer lower-priced stuff to try and win back some of the business they lost, I'm ok with buying from them.

I've since forgiven all of those places and started patronizing them, so I don't see why I wouldn't forgive Spikes for doing what they did in the name of having another name to choose from in the AR world.

Don't forget, Spikes wasn't even the most gouged brand out there - Double Star and several others introduced their budget ARs in the sub $500 range and now strangely enough, no one seems to sell these same brands for less than $700.

I've actually deleted my entire ignore list and don't have any issues with buying/selling with folks who at one time gouged - its been long enough that I believe we're just hurting ourselves by punishing those who gouged this long afterward.

That's just me though - don't forget, I was one of the most bitter folks on here when people started gouging.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39664
Nov 4 2008 - $115
Obama Declared President-Elect
Nov 5 2008 - $180

Yeah, but c'mon man - that's by far not the worst gouging of the post-election scare. There were gun-shops that several folks on here hold near and dear that went up $100 on every gun in stock. There were classifieds ads with ARs that were $200-$400 higher than they should have been.

Not to mention the ammo that went up by as much as 300% or more.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, but c'mon man - that's by far not the worst gouging of the post-election scare. There were gun-shops that several folks on here hold near and dear that went up $100 on every gun in stock. There were classifieds ads with ARs that were $200-$400 higher than they should have been.

Not to mention the ammo that went up by as much as 300% or more.

and there are places that are still gouging and have REALLY ANNOYING commercials on 103.3

Latest posts

Top Bottom