What affects a barrel/action's accuracy more than anything else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
would it shoot a couple of rounds say 2 well then take off like a shotgun pattern? most of the skinny barrel rifles I had would shoot a wonderful 3 shot group but after they heat up they would pattern not group! these were factory barrels and aftermarket barrels. I would say the biggest problem and cheapest to fix would be don't get the tube too hot. Now if it's still all over bump the barrel back rechamber and crown the barrel should fix ya right up did wonders on my Remington 22-250 but still that 4 round would try to get as far away from the first 3 as it could just be sure and don't touch the barrel :eek2: Later,

Kirk

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you put it in a different stock...wellllllll once upon a time I had a very nice 700 varminter in .223 it was astoundingly accurate I bedded the heck out of it free floated it, it was a true 1/4 min. rifle...YES!!!! 1/4" rifle. I took it everywhere and shot tones of Praire Dogs...untill I had to yank it apart to detail clean the trigger. Put it back together with the propper torque and voila a crappy 4 min rifle...AHHHHH! it seems that the mag box hadn't quite fit into its receiver cutout. The darn thing torqued just fine cause we are only talking 20-30 though, but the pressure in the middle of the receiver changed it all! Tore it apart made sure all was good ( when assembled propperly the mag box should float around a bit) and right back to 1/4 MOA. Stock fit might be critical. KurtM

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ez bake, props to you for actually using affect/effect properly.
So tell us; what state did you go to school at before you moved to OK?

:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom